FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups RanksRanks StaffStaff   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay Listings See the eBay listings of our Supporting Members Painting Competition Forum Football Game Fight Club League
warhammer historical pirates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

bugsda
Master Level 3

1 Competition Win

Supporting Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Brilliant terrain Rich! The privateer is outstanding

I'm going to show the pics to my shipwright, it may inspire some production

scarecrow
Master

Supporting Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Another load of figures to buy and paint

Brilliant

Guy Carmichael
Master Level 2

Supporting Member

Location: Olde Engish Towne of Morden (home of the pound shop)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tim

Great timing, I'm planning to run a pirate camapaign for some mate in the new year and was looking for rules

Will look forward to this

Cheers

Guy

PS: I'm all for undead too

TJSKI
Average

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Sorry been busy

Folks,

Sorry I have not replyed in a while, been busy doing proofing for LotHS. As far as I understand, we are still on track to get the book out by late October. So thats just a few more weeks to go.

Also I have to say there will be some nice looking pictures in the book, my proof copy is all in Black & white, but the pictures are top notch. Rob broom & Pete Borlace have done an awsome job of getting the book all laid out. I think there will be many people buying the book for all the pretty pictures in it!

Will be more active once the book is on its way to the printer...

Tim Kulinski

Paintsniffer
Master Level 2

Supporting Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject:

Will there be stats for my Monkey pirate?

Non readers of my Blog can ignore this post.

Seems to be a resurge of interest in the period/genre, I wonder why?

Ok serious point.

Well not that serious...

I think it's fantastic, this sort of game is ideal for club nights where time is an issue. Low set up & clear up time, maximises playing time! You can easily put 20 figures together & take them along on the off chance of a game. It's also ideal to have on hand if a "noob" turns up at the club. Ideal for younger members, hey everyone has heard of pirates right? You're not going to put them off gaming with complicated weapons & them not knowing anything about what they are gamng with. Sounds all good.

Of course with this type of gaming it's all about the scenario. The Yahoo group sounds a good place to share such things. Will there be any in the book, or campaign rules? Apols if this has already been asked.

Dave

Tonight Spartans, we dine in KFC, just 100 meters from this theatre

TJSKI
Average

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Paintsniffer wrote:
Will there be stats for my Monkey pirate

Non readers of my Blog can ignore this post.

Seems to be a resurge of interest in the period/genre, I wonder why?

Ok serious point.

Well not that serious...

I think it's fantastic, this sort of game is ideal for club nights where time is an issue. Low set up & clear up time, maximises playing time! You can easily put 20 figures together & take them along on the off chance of a game. It's also ideal to have on hand if a "noob" turns up at the club. Ideal for younger members, hey everyone has heard of pirates right? You're not going to put them off gaming with complicated weapons & them not knowing anything about what they are gamng with. Sounds all good.

Of course with this type of gaming it's all about the scenario. The Yahoo group sounds a good place to share such things. Will there be any in the book, or campaign rules? Apols if this has already been asked.

Dave,

The book will have seven scenarios in it that are mostly Land based. I have also included 2 scenarios for Ship to Ship battles.

Well as for campaigns, this game much like LotOW is really built for campaign play, hence the reason for injuries, advancements and such, so yes it does have some basic campaign rules in it.

Now if this book does well, and Rob Broom over at WHH feels that there should be another book, than I plan on focusing on more detailed campaigns in it. If not I will be posting something up to the newly formed Legends of the High Seas Yahoo group. (Sorry I would give out the address to the group, but I'm at work and can't get to it right now.)

Tim Kulinski

Rob Duffy
Master Level 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject:

Have we got an official UK release date for this yet?

Rob

http://robsminipainting.blogspot.com/

TJSKI
Average

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Rob Duffy wrote:
Have we got an official UK release date for this yet?

Rob

Rob,

I have not heard from Rob Broom, but my understanding is late October, it looks like everwhere else will be later (sadley that means even the US will get a few weeks after the US). But I should have a finale copy before than.

Right now I have a black & white working manuscript with a few pictures in it, and I have to say that Pete Borlace is doing an awsome job on layout as well as Jon Hodgeson with his artwork. This book will be top notch!

Tim Kulinski

TJSKI
Average

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: LotHS

Well,

I just heard from Rob broom over at WHH and it looks like Legends of the High Seas is going to be delayed.

It looks like Rob is shooting for before Christmas for a release, seems he has been a bit busy. So look for it sometime before Christmas, so this gives folks time to build ships and paint figures.

TJSKI aka Tim Kulinski
Post new topic       Steve Dean Painting Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: