FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups RanksRanks StaffStaff   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay Listings See the eBay listings of our Supporting Members Painting Competition Winners Forum Football Game Fight Club League
Berlin or Bust

View previous topic :: View next topic  

wajohn6
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Berlin or Bust

It’s a long time since I have posted anything. Anyway I have been looking on the Webb for some 28mm vehicles to go with my Artizan figures. I came across West Wind Productions and their range of 28mm WWII figures, Berlin or Bust and their SHS (separate head system) figures. They look very interesting very animated, however I haven’t heard much about them. Can anybody help? How do they stand up to the likes of Artizan and BAM figures?

Chris S
Master Level 3

Supporting Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:

The West Wind vehicles can be a challenge to put together.

Mainly28s
Average

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject:

The figures are very nice, and, although slightly bulkier than BAM or Artizan, will mix quite well with them.
Have a look at the comparison at http://mainly28s.com/comparison/+1910F.figures_comparison.html to see exactly how they measure up to most of the other ranges out there.

The WW vehicles? Now that's a different story. They're not bad, but the parts breakdown is occasionally a little odd, and the fit is also sometimes a little bit iffy. That said, however, they are functional vehicles in 1:60th scale, which is just a touch smaller than many of the major companies' choice of 1:56th. The T-34s from WW and S&S are nearly identical in size (both are 1:60), and there is not much difference to the BAM 1:56th one. I wouldn't buy the same vehicle from different manufacturers, but would happily buy different vehicles from them and use them in the same army. Oh- and I would avoid the SdKfz 251, as it has a nasty join line that requires filling all down the centre of the hull, although if you can live with that, it is a nice model.

redzed
Master Level 3

Supporting Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject:

they're rubbish.

Dunk
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Don't go for BoB vehicles for use with Artizan/BAM - the WW stuff is absolutely tiny... Remember also that the two you have, Artizan especially, are on the bigger side of 28mm. Also the WW vehicles are very old sculpts now...

Why do you want WW vehicles anyway? when BAM have covered, or are about to cover every possible vehicle that saw service in WW2.

For the gaps and early/desert stuff, get onto www.chieftainmodels.co.uk - Ian uses Artizan figs as crew, and does vehicles for both BAM and Artizan.

For the definitive Opel Blitz truck - Ebob at ebob miniatures is yer man.

Between those three you should have every possible base covered.

Outside of that, expect great things at www.diewaffenkammer.com over the next six months.

Gangleader147
Master Level 3

Supporting Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I would go with Dunk, BAM, AGNM and Chieftain for me ... all the way

wajohn6
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Many thanks for that, have taken all aboard.
Post new topic       Steve Dean Painting Forum Index -> Miniature Figures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: